Summary of the KBR Report
At the risk of over simplification, a fair paraphrase of the report in every-day language would be as follows:
- Using the best techniques and information available the beach is unlikely to wash away.
- The double arm breakwater with dredging every few years was determined to be the preferred option using a number of subjective assumptions and judgments. Some of these assumptions were that;
- all weather use by recreational boaters is needed, and
- the Coast Guard needs to use a conventional propeller driven craft rather than one than could float in shallower water using jet propulsion – such as that presently used by the Water Police.
- The construction cost of this preferred option would be $17 million (±40%).
- Water from Sweetwater Creek and local drains are unlikely to change very much.